Yesterday this was on sale at my local Sears at a price I couldn't refuse! So I will be making some bread in it this week and letting you know how it compares to my older Panasonic model.
- It is newer and has several more settings than my older model. It is even supposed to be able to make a refrigerator jam!
- It makes a 2 lb. loaf in a more traditional shape
- It is actually somewhat smaller than my current model and looks like it will sit on my counter easier
- Allows the addition of dried fruits and nuts at a particular cycle and will beep to let you know when to add
- A 2 lb. loaf with only one dough blade makes me wonder if the dough will be completely mixed
- Cycle notification "beeps". My current model only beeps when the bread is completely done. That means I can program it to make fresh bread in the morning when I get up and the beeping isn't keeping me awake through the night or early morning
- It appears to use only Bread Machine yeast. My model now uses any kind as well as sourdough
I really can't wait to try something new and see the progress in bread machines since I bought my first about 15 years ago.
This weeks' bread will include Irish Soda bread for your St. Patricks Day celebration and a cinnamon raisin loaf for my dear son-in-law.