Mar 16, 2011

Using The New Bread Machine

Over the last week, I've used my new Hamilton Beach bread machine 3 times. The first was a loaf of the basic white, which was eaten up in a DAY! The second loaf was made using spelt flour along with Better For Bread flour. I added just a Tbsp. of vital wheat gluten to that to ensure a nice rise and it was perfect. Then, there's the current loaf that is filling my home right now with the scent of home... a cinnamon raisin loaf requested by my son-in-law, Matt.

I'm impressed by the way the machine mixes even the large 2 lb. loaves I've been making effortlessly. With today's bread, I tried adding in raisins after the initial dough kneading. The machine has a feature that beeps when you can add in ingredients. Worked like a charm to incorporate my raisins completely throughout the loaf.

Here's today's recipe

Cinnamon-Raisin 2lb. Loaf
1 1/4 c. water
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. nonfat dry milk
3 Tbsp. butter or vegetable oil
3 1/4 c. Bread Flour
2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 1/4 tsp. Bread Machine yeast
1 c. raisins.

And here is the luscious loaf after baking. Wow, looks and smells so good and homey!

cinnamon bread

The HomeBaker Breadmaker has 12 different cycles available;
  • Basic 1.5 and 2 lb. loaf size
  • French 1.5 and 2 lb. loaf size
  • Gluten-Free 1.5 and 2 lb. loaf size
  • Quick
  • Sweet 1.5 and 2 lb. loaf size
  • 1.5 lb. Express
  • 2.0 lb. Express
  • Dough
  • Jam
  • Cake
  • Whole Grain 1.5 and 2 lb. loaf size
  • Bake
Pretty enticing huh? When I read there was a jam cycle, I was intrigued! Sure enough, there is a recipe for making Strawberry Jam in the booklet that makes 4 refrigerator cups worth. I'll be making that in May when the California strawberry season hits!

Another cycle that looks interesting is the Cake cycle. You take a boxed cake mix and dump it in along with the called for ingredients and the bread maker whips it all together and cooks it. Now THAT must make for an interesting shape!!

The recipe book also contains a recipe for gluten free rolls featuring Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Homemade Wonderful Bread Mix and the Dough Cycle of the breadmaker that looks really tasty!

The dough cycle is also a great way to make one of my family's favorite foods from scratch, Pizza crust for both my everyday pizzas and for summer outdoor grilling. I'm REALLY looking forward to that!

1 comment:

  1. It looks very good because this bread's shape is very good and looking complete baked and i also want to take it and i will bake my bread.
    roof repair new jersey

    ReplyDelete